Sunday 26 February 2017

Book review: Giovanna Fletcher, Happy Mum Happy Baby






I don’t have a kid(wouldn’t that be a big surprise if I did), I won’t be having anytime soon(though I want them, tons of them) but I bought this book purely cos I bloody love the Fletchers.
My mate Nicky is a huge McFly fan and I got into Tom and then Gi that way and more so after that wedding speech. I watched all their vlogs and whilst they both did Vlogmas last year I especially appreciated them. I detest winter and have SAD, and knowing I had some cute Fletcher fun to watch daily helped me be a little less morose. The pair of them never fail to make me laugh.
What I love about the Fletchers is that they’re so normal but just the absolute loveliest couple with the cutest family. They’re as the cool people say ‘couple/family goals’. I basically want to be Gi when I’m older, a successful author with a wonderful other half and a gorgeous family.
The thing I think I value most about Gi though is just how nice she is. In my life, I don’t care if people think I’m weird or annoying as long as they think I’m nice. Kindness goes a long way and it’s so encouraging to see it promoted by Gi and her brood so much.
Happy Mum, Happy Baby is an account of Giovanna’s adventures of motherhood. With the basic premise that there is no right or wrong way to parent but to do what’s right for you and your child. It’s an extremely honest account and is very TMI but I think that’s what makes it such an enjoyable read.
By putting every detail in the book and holding nothing back, you really feel like you’re getting to know Gi and what it has been truly like for her having children. I gobbled it up in a day because it’s just so easy to read, plus it’s chock full of the cutest pictures of Buzz and Buddy and the Fletcher fam.
I’d recommend this for anybody who has kids, anybody wanting them or just anyone who loves watching the Fletchers on YouTube and the other various social medias as much as I do. Happy Mum, Happy Mum is as lovely and as real a read as Giovanna is herself.

Rating: Five stars  

No comments:

Post a Comment